TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions
- Payment of the fees constitutes that you have accepted the Terms & Conditions herein.
- An Admin and Registration Fee of MYR 900 / USD 250 must accompany all applications.
- All fees must be paid prior to the commencement date of the programme.
- Cheques should be made payable to Bristol Academy Sdn Bhd.
- With regards to payment by instalment, the following apply:
- Payment by instalment is subject to approval.
- A nominal surcharge on programme fees will be levied on late payment.
- Fee payment by instalment as specified by the Finance office will include a nominal surcharge.
- Registration and Admin Fees are not transferable, non-refundable and cannot be deferred.
- Failure to settle outstanding fees within the prescribed period may result in exclusion from the Academy’s Register.
1.2 Withdrawal and Refund Policies
- Participants/Companies must inform the Admissions office in writing if they are withdrawing from a programme of study. In the event that participants are registered by their company, the respective company needs to issue an official letter.
- Any refund of fees or deposit, where applicable, will be at the discretion of the Academy’s Finance Office.
- The registration Fee, Admin Fee, and Visa processing Fee are non-refundable.
- If the participant is registered by a company any amount refunded will be refunded directly to the company.
- Notice of withdrawal must be given more than 45 days prior to the commencement of the programme for a refund of programme fee to be considered. The administrative charge for this is MYR 500 / USD 130.
- If the programme is cancelled less than 40 days before your programme begins, you will receive a full refund of the tuition and material fees.
- If the programme is cancelled less than 30 days before your programme begins, 50% of the tuition fees will be refunded.
- If you cancel your programme less than 7 days before your programme begins, there will be no refund.
- If a participant cancels the programme because a participant was not granted a student visa, all programme fees will be refunded for that particular participant.
- Please note that in the event of a student failing to complete a programme of study, the Academy is not obliged to return any part of the fees paid.
- In the event that Bristol Academy cancels a programme before it commences, you will receive full refund of the programme fees.
- A confirmed place at Bristol Academy will be only secured once all fees have been paid.
- The student must apply to the Admissions office in writing. Please note that this can only be granted in exceptional circumstances, usually medical, and only when a reassessment opportunity is available at a future date. No deferral is allowed after 7 days from the commencement date of the programme.
- In the event that a deferral is granted, a deferral fee of MYR 500 / USD 130 is payable.
- Students who interrupt their studies should be aware that their current programme cannot be guaranteed to resume following re-admission as if no interruption had occurred and that it is their responsibility to make themselves familiar with any changes in the programme syllabus or assessment policy that may have taken place during their absence. All programmes are subject to availability.
2.4 Transfer between Programmes
- No transfer will be allowed.
2.5 Rules and Regulations
- All students must abide by the Academy Rules and Regulations. Failure to do so may result in expulsion, suspension, private or public sanctions.
- Any criminal activities on the Academy premises will be reported to the relevant authorities.
- The Academy and its management will not be held responsible for any damages, losses or injuries arising from the programme of studentship with the Academy. On behalf of yourself, your executors, administrators and assignors, you agree to waive and release all claims against Bristol Academy Sdn Bhd, its directors and appointed representatives for any loss, accident, delay or expense, bodily injury or death which may cause or suffer in connection with or resulting from attendance or participation in any of Bristol Academy’s programmes, accommodation arrangements, transfers, and sporting, recreational and cultural activities.
- The Disciplinary Board has the authority to suspend or/and expel any student behaving in a manner that affects the good name and security of its staff and students.
- The Academy reserves the right to revise the Rules and regulations without prior notice.
- The Academy reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reason.
- Fees quoted in USD will be revised as and when the need arises from the fluctuation of the currency exchange rate.
- If you hold a student visa, you must attend at least 80% of your programme and maintain satisfactory programme progress by completing all class work, assignments and assessments. If you fail to do so you will be reported to the Ministry of Education and your visa may be cancelled.
- You agree to notify Bristol Academy of any change of your residential address while enrolled at the Academy and understand that failure to notify the Academy that you have changed your address may result in automatic cancellation of your visa without your prior knowledge.
- Your personal information may be made available to Federal and State agencies and other authorities as required under Malaysian Law.
- Photographs, videos and testimonials provided by you and/ or taken by Bristol Academy may be used for marketing and promotion purposes.
- You agree that Bristol Academy communicates with you via phone, email and SMS.
- Bristol Academy retains the right to change its fees and conditions, cancel or defer programmes, and to alter programme timetables and class locations at any time without prior notice.
2.6 Student Visa and Requirements
- Bristol Academy will make the necessary arrangements for you to obtain a student visa. For you to obtain a student Visa you need to be between the age of 18 to 35.
- All student visa applications are subject to approval by the relevant authorities. Bristol Academy is not liable if the application is rejected or if the approved term is shorter.
- All international participants studying in Malaysia must have a valid student visa.
- The student visa application takes between 4 to 8 weeks.
3. Code of Conduct
- Any student who breaches any rule under the Code of Student Behaviour as set out in this section is guilty of disciplinary offence.
3.1 Student Behaviour
- A student shall not conduct himself/herself, whether on or off the campus, in any manner which in the opinion of the Centre Director is detrimental or prejudicial to the interests, well-being or good name of the Academy, or to the interests, well-being or good name of any of the students, or staff of the Academy, or to public order, safety or security, or to morality, decency or discipline.
- A student shall not violate any provision of any written law, whether on or off the Academy campus.
- A student shall not organize, incite, conspire or participate in the boycott of any class, examination or other legitimate activity carried out by or under the direction or with the permission of the Academy.
- A student shall not damage in any manner or cause to be damaged in any manner any property in the Academy, or do any act, which may cause such damage.
- No student, and no organization, body or group of students, shall organize, manage, run or assist in organizing, managing or running, or participating in any gambling within BA premises.
3.2 Alcoholic Beverage
- No student shall be in possession of any alcoholic beverage on BA premises or consume alcoholic beverage on the premises nor enter the premise in a state of intoxication.
3.3 Obscene Articles
- No student shall be in possession, custody or control of any obscene articles on BA premises.
- No student, and no organization, body or group of students, shall distribute, circulate or exhibit, or cause to be distributed, circulated or exhibited or be in any manner concerned with the distribution, circulation or exhibition of, any obscene article within the BA premises.
- A student shall be deemed to distribute, circulate or exhibit an obscene article, regardless of whether such distribution, circulation or exhibition is to only one person or to more than one person and regardless of whether or not such circulation, distribution or exhibition is for payment or for any other consideration or without consideration.
- Smoking is prohibited on BA premises.
3.5 Drugs and Poisons
- No student shall be in possession or under custody or control of any drug or poison or be found to be under the influence of any drug or poison.
- No student shall give, supply, provide or offer or propose to give, supply, provide or offer any drug or poison to any person.
- No student shall consume orally, or smoke or inhale, or introduce into his/her body by injection or in any other manner whatsoever, any drug or poison.
- We expect that each student will produce his or her own work on all assignments and will not cheat on any exam. If cheating is suspected, BA has the right to retest the student or require the student to redo the homework or writing assignment in a supervised setting.
3.7 Disciplinary Procedures
- The Disciplinary Board may impose a suspension from the programme for a specified period or expulsion from the Academy for serious offences.
4. Academy Etiquettes
All students are expected to be respectful and courteous while at the Academy. Students should not be impaired by alcohol or illegal drugs while at the Academy. Violent, threatening, humiliating, or abusive behavior or harassment of others will also not be tolerated. Engaging in illegal activity while off campus can also affect a student’s standing in at the Academy. A student may be dismissed for any of these activities and will be reported to the authorities.
Students and instructors work as a team to assist one another to reach excellence. We strive to inspire this “team spirit” in every student and to benefit from the diverse approaches, broad spectrum of creativity, and talents which different students and Academicians bring to the learning process.
We encourage each person to express his or her own individuality while at the same time respecting the belief and interests of others, and, when necessary, to compromise for the benefit of the whole.
In order to maintain an atmosphere and environment conducive to a safe and comfortable education, discipline policies require students who violate minimal standards to be referred for disciplinary actions.
These actions may include suspension, expulsion, and/or police referral as deemed appropriate.
Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Disruptions to the educational process or to the orderly atmosphere for learning
- Repeated failure to comply with directions of teachers or other authorized school personnel
- Obscene actions, the use of obscene words or gestures, the use of profanity, or the use of ethnically derogatory statements
- Damage to or destruction of school property
- Assault on any person who is on school property, be it student, school employee, or any other person
- Bullying, hazing, or otherwise harassing any student, employee, or other person